2. Your Partner's Name: Robert
3. Your Age: 27
4. Their Age: 32
5. How long have you two been together: We celebrated our one year anniversary on the 13th of January.
6. How did you two meet: He started dating a friend of mine he met on myspace. I added him as a friend on myspace after she showed me his profile and I laughed my butt off at a rant he did about the show, "Lost". We started corresponding via myspace for a while. I was 9 months pregnant at the time, so I definitely wasn't looking for love actively. I was married, my husband and I were always on the outs but were trying to keep it together. Robert went out with a friend and I met him at karaoke a few weeks after my daughter was born. We connected immediately on a friends level. My friend dumped him because she decided she wanted to go out with someone else and he was pretty upset, so I ended up comforting him on the phone the night he got dumped. I fully intended to stay friends with him but my other friends wanted to 'blacklist' him, and not allow him to hang out anymore even though she was the one who did the dumping. I disagreed with this. So did Robert. He was told by my friend to stay away from me. I ended up losing most of these friends because I thought this was all crazy. Robert and I started hanging out at karaoke together, since we both ended up being put on the outside by the same group of people. I confided in him my worries about my marriage and how I wanted out and he was a great encouragement to give it the best try I could give, which I did. But it was to no avail. Eventually, we both realized that I was needing to get out of that relationship and he wanted to finally go for something he wanted and we kissed on January 13, 2007 and never looked back. I separated from my husband (divorce is in the works) and Robert and I moved in together in June 2007. He is wonderful with my kids and my best friend and I am the happiest I've ever been in my life. He kept me together during some of the hardest times ever (my daughter had open heart surgery at 4 months, so I would not have survived that without him!) and I know that I'm meant to be with him for the rest of my life.
7. Do you see yourself marrying this person: Absolutely, as soon as all the technical stuff is out of the way, we can work towards getting to that level. Right now, we are happy being us.
8. Tell us a romantic story: Our first kiss was amazing. It was at the beach at night. We were sitting there talking about how we both felt like each other's best friends and honestly, I knew I was in love with him at that point. I laid my head in his lap and we looked at the stars and he leaned over and kissed me the best first kiss I've ever had. I was kinda upside down so we call it our "Spiderman Kiss". Yeah, we are geeks. ;P It was probably one of the best nights of my life.
9. Tell us a funny story: We jinx each other constantly. It almost gets freaky. We finish each other's sentences and it makes us laugh. Ok, so that might not be really funny.. but it's hilarious to us. ;) Also, his work requires him to have walkie talkies.. and my job just got some for communication and his work is right down the road. He found out that he heard me on his walkie one day, figured out the channel and started making inside jokes that I could understand on there. It was super cute. ;)
10. What is your song: I think we have a few. I made him a mixed CD as a gift after we kissed and I put the song, "Posession" by Sarah McLachlan on there, and he said it was during that song that he realized he wanted to make love to me soon. He also loves when I sing "Tonight and the Rest of My Life" at karaoke. I could name a million songs that have some sort of meaning to us.
11. How does your significant other make you feel: He makes me feel beautiful, gorgeous and important. He is my best friend, I can tell him anything, we have so much fun together and we connect on levels I never knew possible. It has been a rough road at times, but what we have together is so worth it.
12. How did you find themoreiloveyou? An interest search. And I was looking for a couples community that might be open-minded to our unusual love story. I get tired of being judged.
Yeah, we are weird.
My daughter has a baby crush on him. :)
Snuggling on our couch.
Us on Halloween. We take Halloween seriously around here. :)
Peace out, peoples!